Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vote Arata

It has always been my intent to use this as a brag board - that is why I have only given out the address to family so far. We are having a very political week at our house. Last week, both Brantley and Bret informed us of their plans to run for offices in their class. Bret planned to run for Class Representative (there are two 6th grade classes, so I guess there are 2 reps) and Brantley said he was going to run for Class V.P. Well, today Bret gave his speech, which we hear had the class "rolling" and was elected Class Rep - beating out some very popular girls. We had Open House tonight and met his teachers, who told us that one of the girls running thought he should have been disqualified because everyone laughed so much (the teacher had told them they had to give a real speech) - well, Bret had given a real speech, but ad libbed enough to win the audience. Yesterday, Brantley ran for Class V.P. - this meant giving a speech in front of the entire Freshman class (over 300 people) - elections were today and he gets results tomorrow. I'm just so impressed that he gave a speech in front of 300 students, of whom he only knew 50! I'll have results tomorrow.

No comments: